We are going to build upon a short ride we did a few weeks ago, taking us from Chester le Street to Washington Village and then going on to explore some cycle ways and quiet roads around Washington. The busiest road we will use will be the A167 between Chester le Street Police Station and the Wheatsheaf Inn before joining the coast to coast cycle path. We will take a pause at Elm Tree Farm cafe, around 12 miles into the route, but please bring a drink and snacks with you in case you need them enroute.
As always we can’t predict the weather so please dress suitably. We recommend gloves, a cycle helmet and layers to suit the day's weather forecast.
In order for the ride to leave promptly, please be punctual so we can carry out bike checks, etc. prior to us setting off. Please make sure your bike is in working condition and bring a spare inner tube to fit your tyres. Expect to be out for about 3 hours.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07795101352 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride).
If the weather is poor and we decide to cancel the ride we will let you know by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.
In view of COVID-19 we will follow Govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We are limiting ride numbers. If you can't join us please use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk as you will be making a place available for someone else.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers, pump and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 1m+ apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during or after a ride must inform the ride leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
We look forward to seeing you.
Janet and Kay