- This is a great chance for those of us living in urban areas to cycle on some lovely quiet country lanes.
- If you join me at Hillingdon Station we will cycle for 6 miles, using the cycle path beside the A40, then roads through Uxbridge, then the cycle path beside the A4020, through the lovely Bucks Golf Club, to the pretty village of old Denham, up Old Rectory Ln to Denham Golf Club via this route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37710058
Then we will pick up Alka and any other riders who have come by train. We will continue up the hill to Chalfont St Peter, down Chiltern Hill through a private estate, up Mill Ln to Gerrards Cross, down to Fulmer, past Pinewood Studios, Iver Heath, and back through Uxbridge to Hillingdon, via this route for 15 miles https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37710115
At Hillingdon you can finish and take the tube home, or cycle back to Harrow with Alka via Ickenham and Ruislip.
- We will not stop for coffee until we get back to Hillingdon, so bring a snack. We plan to get back to Hillingdon by noon.
- There are some sharp ascents and descents, so you need to be a competent cyclist, but we will take the hills at our own pace and regroup at the top. Nobody will get left behind.
- Please bring the usual (inner tubes, water, etc). I would prefer you to wear a helmet for your safety.
- You can take your bike anywhere on the Metropolitan Line anytime on weekends and off-peak Mon-Fri (peak hours are 7:30-9:30 and 16:00-19:00).https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/cycles-on-public-transport
- If you are driving to the start there is free parking on many residential roads off Long Lane e.g. Richmond Avenue UB10 9BH.
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me