Sunday 17th October 2021 2:30pm
Starting from - We are delighted to bring to you this will be a lovely traffic free variable cycle route in the grounds of Thames Chase Forest in partnership with Forestry England
Meet at the entrance at the Forest Centre Entrance, Thames Chase, Pike Lane, Upminster, Essex RM14 3NS
Ample parking is available and is £2 for all day. - free to Blue Badge Holders Nearest tube is Upminster on the District Line and bus number 346.
In view of COVID-19 all rides will follow Government guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be prepared and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers, pump, hand sanitiser and mask.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike or a loan bike/helmet being in good working order before starting the ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to you and others..
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding at least 1m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform the ride leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the ride leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
• You will also be asked to optionally check-in to the venue also via the NHS Test and Trace App.. Please install this on your smart phone if you have one.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator button’ in the Rider tab in the ride post or via the conversation tab. RM14 3NS
This beautiful route will include tarmac, gravel and grass trails, on/off path and maybe short sections of road dependent on group ability and weather/ground conditions.
The route will be most trails and hard surfaces suitable for mountain bike riding and beginners.
There will be time for an optional drink, snack and chat at the end.
Please bring a drink and snack or money for the cafe if required. If you are using your own bike then please bring a spare innertube and pump with you.
We never leave anyone behind