- We will cycle on mainly quiet country roads with delightful views (oh-oh views means hills!) from Chorleywood through Chenies, Latimer, Ley Hill and Ashley Green for coffee and cake at the village café at Wigginton https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35749654
and return via a similar route.
- Please bring the usual (e.g. pump, inner tubes, etc). I would prefer you to wear a helmet for your safety.
- OK I admit this is the Chilterns so there are hills, but we will wait after each one and no one will be left behind.
- I can’t see who is on the waitlist, so if you are on it, send me a message via the “message ride creator” button, with your phone number, and I will see whether I can make another space (you need to be logged in to the let’s ride website to see the button)
- There are good public transport options, e.g. from Pinner the Metropolitan Line tube leaves at 9:46 arriving Chorleywood 10:09. From Harrow on the Hill station the Chiltern Railways train departs at 9:38 and arrives at Chorleywood at 10:02.
- Or if you drive there is free parking in roads west of the tube station e.g. Grove Way off Blacketts Wood Drive WD3 5PT.
- You can take your bike anywhere on the Metropolitan Line anytime on weekends and off-peak Mon-Fri (peak hours are 7:30-9:30 and 16:00-19:00).https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/cycles-on-public-transport
- Please check your bike thoroughly before you come. Check your brakes are working well, your gears are smooth and your tyres are in good condition and pumped up – you can use this video. https://www.sustrans.org.uk/our-blog/get-active/2019/everyday-walking-and-cycling/the-m-check-for-your-bike-in-11-steps
If that one is too technical then try this easier one https://youtu.be/u0dtGe-LrcQ
- If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling at all unwell with possible symptoms of Covid-19, please cancel your place.
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me