This is a 2.6 mile loop ride using traffic free paths in and around beautiful Bute Park. We'll keep repeating the loop for an hour but you can come for just 1 or 2 loops if you like.
Starting at the Royal Welsh College for Music and Drama, we'll do a quick briefing and bike check before setting off. The first part of the loop follows the newer cycle path alongside Bute Park up towards Talybont halls of residence, then turns down into Bute Park, past Blackweir Bridge and alongside the playing fields, following the River Taff past the Secret Garden Cafe and down to Cardiff Castle before coming back around and exiting the park by the drama college ready for the loop to start again.
Suitable for all ages, any bike type and any rider, the route is flat and the paths are wide. We'll be able to have a good chat on the way round and hopefully enjoy some evening sunshine!
To ensure that our rides are as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) Please do not book a place on the ride should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(2) When booking your place on the ride, please ensure that your contact details on LetsRide are up to date. To do this, go to https://letsride.co.uk/dashboard/profile
and sign in to your account. If your details are not up-to-date, scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click "EDIT PROFILE". When you have updated them, scroll to the bottom again and click "UPDATE PROFILE". Your personal details are not visible on your profile - the ride leader gets your phone number and emergency contact details, and these will only be used for emergency purposes, last minute contact about the ride, and 'Test, Trace, Protect' procedures if needed.
(3) If you, or anyone in your household, develop Covid-19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place on the ride.
(4) Before the ride we will need to confirm that you are not experiencing any Covid19 symptoms.
(5) If you experience symptoms after the ride, you should get a Covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to contact the ride leader as quickly as possible to enable the 'Test, Trace and Protect' procedure.
(6) You will need to be self-sufficient on the ride i.e. please bring your own tubes, pump, tools, food and drink etc. as sharing raises the risk of spreading Covid-19
(7) We will keep socially distanced on the ride (1m distance is advised while riding, 2m at all other times), so please adhere to this, including at the start point.