We will ride out of Hook onto Newnham Lane where we will then cross over the busy A30 and cycle over the M3 motorway. We will cycle a lovely scenic route around Greywell, Upton Grey and Mapledurwell and we will take a refreshment stop at Conkers Garden Centre at around 12 miles, where we will meet with some of the ladies from Breeze Basingstoke. We will then carry on our journey back following Tunworth Road and Hatch Lane crossing at the traffic lights at Olivers Fish and Chips and riding through Old Basing onto Newnham Lane back through Rotherwick and then eventually back to Hook.
A lovely scenic circular route out towards Greywell and Mapledurwell and back towards Hook. We look forward to meeting you on this ride or other future Breeze rides.
The roads we will cycle on are not traffic free, but once we leave the centre of Hook village we will be cycling onto quieter roads.
We will stop to take a group photo on the route and to take on any refreshments.
We will have a cafe stop for tea and cake at the end of this ride.
• Make sure you have a cycle helmet (no helmet no ride!)
• Your bike is in good working order and your tyres are properly inflated, if your bike is unsafe unfortunately you will not be able to take part this time
• Suitable clothing for the weather e.g waterproof jacket for a wet ride
• Puncture repair kit, spare inner tube and bike pump
• Please make sure you bring a drink to keep you hydrated
• A padlock for securing your bike at the cafe stop
The average speed of the ride will be approximately 10-12 mph, but we will all cycle at the pace of the slowest rider. No rider will be left behind, we are here to look after you.