From Mynydd Llandegai we do a 10 mile loop over to Dinorwic, up to Bus stop quarry and return. When we get back to the start, there is an optional 2.5 mile loop with a descent down to Tregarth and back up to Mynydd - if your legs are up to it.
This is a short ride, but I have classed it as challenging because it has over 800 ft of ascent (more if you do the optional extra) so it is great if you are short of time and want to get fit quickly.
WHAT TO BRING:
A drink for the ride.
Clothes suitable for the weather.
A mask. Hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes
Repair kit and spares (an spare inner tube as a minimum)
Make sure your bike is in good working order with the tyres pumped up before arriving on the ride.
I've had Covid Awareness Training from the Welsh Sports Association and am responsible for following all the necessary Covid protocols to keep us all safe - please read the Covid Section below.
If you want to discuss anything please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me :-)
Welsh Cycling (WC) have agreed protocols with the Welsh Government in order to comply with the latest Covid-19 guidance & legislation. As a ride leader WC have provided me with Covid specific training so this ride complies with the current regulations, we can keep everyone safe AND have a brilliant time!!
There are a few Covid procedures we will need to follow on the ride:
-Please make sure you have up-to-date contact information on the LetsRide system. YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER & BOOK TO JOIN A RIDE BEFORE ARRIVING
Terms of booking a ride include, “When asked by NHS contact tracers, coaches, leaders and club volunteers are permitted to share details of participants where relevant to support the process.”
- Please all keep to the "Rule of Six" and 2m apart at the start & finish of the ride and during any stops we make
- Avoid sharing equipment, tools, food, water bottles etc.
- Practice good hand hygiene and bring your own hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes if you normally use them
- Remember your mask in case you need to go inside somewhere, or we need to perform First Aid on you
- Please try and be self-sufficient on the ride. So we can avoid sharing tools or making repairs on your bike, please come with your own repair kit & spares and know how to use them (spare inner tube as minimum).
- If you're not confident with changing inner tubes etc, maybe think about someone who could pick you and your bike up if needed
- Please don’t come on the ride if you are required to self-isolate
Before booking & coming on this ride can you please carry out a self-assessment for any Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms or feel unwell please DO NOT come on the ride. If you have at least one of these symptoms you should self-isolate (together with members of your household), get a Coivd test & follow the Test, Trace, Protect guidance.
If you develop any of these symptoms after a ride please follow the NHS Test, Trace, Protect Service guidance, namely self-isolate & get a Covid test. If you have a positive Covid test please continue to self-isolate and contact NHS Test, Trace, Protect for guidance.https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/guidance-accordion/test-trace-protect-coronavirus/
My contact email if you need it is [email protected]
British Cycling Letsride booking Ts&Cs .https://www.letsride.co.uk/terms
A short route with lots of climbing, great if you haven't got much time and you want to get fit.
All of the route is on minor roads with very little traffic.
Helmets must be worn.
We never leave anyone behind