Starting point – In Houghton Park next to the Old Rectory building and the fountain. (What3words - https://w3w.co/gears.worm.picked
Free car parking is available at the Old Rectory, DH4 4BB located in the park opposite St Michael’s and All Angels Church. Car park entrance is next to the RED POST BOXES BEFORE THE ENTRANCE TO NEWBOTTLE STREET.
Free Spokey Dokeys - under 16's will receive a packet of Spokey Dokeys when they’re registered and attend the ride!
For the terms and conditions and to find out more visit :- www.letsride.co.uk/Free-Spokey-Dokeys
Meeting in Houghton Park next to the fountain, we are off on an adventure ride to Rainton Meadows café using shared paths and very quiet roads. At Rainton Meadows you have the option of using the café facilities or bring your own drinks/snacks.
Our return journey will see us follow the old wagonway what runs through Rainton Meadows to Rainton Bridge then shared path all the way back to the park.
It’s now Autumn/winter cycling weather, PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY especially by WEARING GLOVES and other warm clothes.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
•Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
• Helmets are mandatory for under 18’s.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitizer,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07404 453745 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 9am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.
Family Friendly bike ride