Starting point – The Old Rectory car park in Houghton Rectory Park (What3words - https://w3w.co/format.mirror.rides
Free car parking is available at the Old Rectory, DH4 4BB
located in the park opposite St Michael’s and All Angels Church. Car park entrance is next to the RED POST BOXES BEFORE THE ENTRANCE TO NEWBOTTLE STREET.
Starting in The Old Rectory car park in Houghton Rectory Park, we head to Rainton Meadows using shared paths and quiet roads. Once at Rainton Meadows we switch to cycle tracks and head towards Low Pittington. Here we join the road and start to climb Moorsley Road Hill heading towards Hetton Lyons Country Park. At Hetton Lyons Country Park we follow cycle route NCN 70 up past Windmill Hill to Warden Law and then back to Houghton coming down the Copt Hill.
PLEASE NOTE:- Moorsley Road Hill can get busy with traffic, therefore you must be confident cycling up hills on roads.
On this route we will be cycling over a variety of different terrains including roads, quiet roads, cycle paths, shared paths, muddy tracks, muddy puddles, wet leaves etc. Therefore, this ride is only suitable for Hybrids or Mountain bikes.
It’s now spring cycling weather, PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY it can get cold on an evening.
REMEMBER TO BRING – Bike Lights, warm gloves, wind/raincoat.
There is no coffee/cake café or toilet stops during this ride,
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• Your personal contact details must be correct and up to date on your Lets ride profile.
• There are no open public toilet’s on this route.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 2m apart.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitizer,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07958344888 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 3pm on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.