Saturday 21st September 2019 10:30am
near to the Woodbank Park and Vernon Park car park entrance off Turncroft Lane,
Our pop-up events are ideal for the whole family to enjoy cycling together – Woodbank Park provides a safe and friendly space for cyclists of all abilities to ride at a pace they want, as many times as they want.
There's plenty going on for everyone to enjoy. These events are run in collaboration with Transport for Greater Manchester and Stockport Council. Here's just a taster of what's on offer.
• Traffic-free route so you can pedal in peace
• Ready Set Ride learn to ride course for little ones to practice
• A selection of free hire bikes have been kindly provided by Stockport Community Cycling Club
• Free bike checks and minor repairs from our bike mechanics from Cera Cycloan
• Local ride leaders who will provide information about Guided Rides and women-only Breeze rides in your area
• Our knowledgeable volunteers who will happily chat all things cycling
• Information from Transport for Greater Manchester on active travel options in the area
It's totally free to take part, so simply sign up below and we'll see you soon!
- Parking: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- Refreshments: Yes - Vernon Park cafe is nearby for hot and cold drinks and snacks
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult on the route
Any questions please email: [email protected]
Let’s Ride Pop-up always welcome volunteers who can help families enjoy cycling and the great outdoors.
If you can spare a couple of hours a month, why not join us?
(If you are under 18, please ask the parent or guardian who will be volunteering with you to fill out the form).