This week will be an OFF ROAD route suitable for MTB or gravel bikes or those hybrid with off road tyres
A loop of approximately 15 miles taking in undulating countryside as well as a few hills. Starting at Grovehill/WoodhallFarm adventure playground., there will be no refreshment stop half way round. There are also currently no toilet facilities here or anywhere to fill water bottles etc.
We will aim to cycle at the pace of approx 10mph, we will always wait and let the group catch up and of course wait at the top of hills.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump, sun cream and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides. We will do a bike check before leaving but will check our own bikes.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding at least 1m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms and should be isolating
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have returned from (anywhere) abroad in the last 2 weeks.
All of the above is to keep us all safe from the virus.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already. “
Please remember to bring with you
-Spare inner tubes for your bike and appropriate tools, even if you don't know how to change an inner tube there are other people in the group to help.
-A water bottle with a drink in, cycling can be thirsty work.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather.
If there are any problems or questions please let me know
A different route each week for a approx 15mile ride with no stop in the middle
Mainly smaller quieter roads but occasional busier roads
Helmet and water bottles and don’t forget your puncture repair equipment (inner tube pump etc) clothes for the weather, we are heading out of summer so there are cooler days
This series of rides is suited best for those who have some experience cycling on roads, we are a welcoming group and it’s always great to see new faces.