Beginners ride at the Mona Showground. This ride is suitable for total beginners.
Our aim is to build riders confidence in a safe environment, to learn how to stop, start, ride and signal safely and socialise in a friendly environment. We shall be warming up off our bikes for a couple of minutes (very gently) and then riding circuits around the wide paths on the showground at a pace to suit yourself. Do as much or as little as you like!
What to bring:
A drink for the ride
Clothes suitable for the weather
A helmet (no helmet no ride)
Make sure your bike is in good working order with the tyres pumped up before arriving on the ride
Welsh Cycling (WC) have agreed protocols with the Welsh Government in order to comply with the latest Covid-19 guidance & legislation. As a ride leader WC have provided me with Covid specific training so this ride complies with the current regulations, we can keep everyone safe AND have a brilliant time!!
There are a few Covid procedures we will need to follow on the ride:
- Please all keep at least 2m apart at the start & finish, while cycling and during any stops we make
- Avoid sharing equipment, tools, food, water bottles etc.
- Practice good hand hygiene and bring your own hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes if you normally use them
- Remember your mask in case you need to go inside somewhere, or in case we need to perform First Aid
- Please don’t come on the ride if you are required to self-isolate or quarantine
- Please make sure you have up-to-date contact information on the LetsRide system. YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO JOIN THE RIDE BEFORE ARRIVING
Before booking & coming on this ride can you please carry out a self-assessment for any Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms or fell unwell please DO NOT come on the ride.