Meeting in the Henry wells shop car park we will be completing several circuits of the lanes leading out from Grovehill. For a total of 1 hour, The aim to practice going up and down hills. The challenge will be in getting up the hills, we will be waiting at the top for everyone so not a problem if you just want to arrive and have a go at whatever speed . There is no planned cake stop cake/tea stop planned for this route. There are also no toilet or water bottle facilities.
Please bring lights with you for this ride for your own safety.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump, sun cream and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides. We will do a bike check before leaving but will check our own bikes.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding at least 1m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms and should be isolating
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have returned from (anywhere) abroad in the last 2 weeks.
All of the above is to keep us all safe from the virus.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already. “
Please remember to bring with you
-Spare inner tubes for your bike and appropriate tools, even if you don't know how to change an inner tube there are other people in the group to help.
-A water bottle with a drink in, cycling can be thirsty work.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather.
If there are any problems or questions please let me know
Mainly smaller quieter roads but occasional busier roads
Helmet and water bottles and don’t forget your puncture repair equipment (inner tube pump etc) clothes for the weather, we are heading out of summer so there are cooler days
Any issues drop me a line on 07545281702
A set of circuits to practice climbing hills
mainly quiter roads as well as cycle track
No stops just a few circuits
All your normal bits helmet, drink, spare inner tubes, pump etc Please bring some lights as it will be dusky by the end of the ride