The ride title is a bit of a mouthful but we hope a delicious one! ;)
Whether it's the 'Super Scenic' bit that appeals to you, the chance to discover the Gorhambury Estate, or scoffing a couple of yummy waffles at The Waffle House in St. Albans - you are warmly welcome on this ride! :)
This is a Challenging Route with 1786 ft / 544 m of climbing and we recommend you don't take it on, unless you have previously completed a hilly route of a least 25 miles comfortably at a 10-11 mph pace average.
- a drink (electrolyte drinks recommended)
- snacks, e.g. jelly babies, flapjack, bars or gels
- card / money for waffles & potentially the train home - if you find riding one way is enough for you...
- appropriate clothing for the conditions and a small rucksack so you can put layers on / take layers off as needed, is recommended
- two spare inner tubes in case of punctures - as changing an inner tube is faster than getting out the rubber glue.
The Ride Leaders can help if anyone in the group has a puncture on the day. Watford Cycle Hub sell inner tubes from £4 new; or recycled ones for 50p patched, £1 with no patches.
Please check your bike is in good working order before the ride - especially that your brakes are working & your tyres are pumped.
If your bike might need a little more TLC or hasn't been ridden for a while, you can always bring it in for a free assessment; we're a Not-For-Profit, Community Enterprise and promise to give you an honest price if your bike needs fixing, fine tuning or a full service. :)