We will complete a 6-mile circuit using the Stevenage cycleway system and quiet link roads.
Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult - they should be booked on as an additional rider. Where we have more than 8 participants, we will split into 2 groups, each with a leader.
These rides are a sociable way to explore our cycleway network and find useful routes to use when cycling for everyday journeys. There are some hilly sections but we never rush, there is always time to pause for a drink at the top. We explore many of the ancient lanes that have now become cycleways and find the many hidden green spaces across the town.
If you do not have a bike of your own, you can still take part in a ride by taking advantage of the special free bike hire for ABC rides from the Stevenage Cycling Hub. It is essential that you book this in advance by emailing [email protected]
by the day before the ride.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking the following regulations into account with our ride leading and we will follow all local govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• At arrival at the start location, and when stopping in a group please keep to current social distancing regulations.
• We will ride taking current social distancing advice into account.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have been told to self-isolate due to travel or coming in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already
A sociable ride around the Stevenage cycleways.
Most of the route is traffic free with a few quiet road sections used as links where necessary.
There is no planned stop but we do not rush. Costello's cafe at Fairlands park is open at the end of rides for hot drinks and food.
Bring a drink and snack if you wish and an extra layer or waterproof according to the forecast.
New and returning riders are very welcome. These rides are a great way to find out more about Cycling UK in Stevenage.