Starting point – The Old Rectory car park in Houghton Rectory Park (What3words - https://w3w.co/format.mirror.rides
Free car parking is available at the Old Rectory, DH4 4BB. Located in the park opposite St Michael’s and All Angels Church.
Carpark entrance is LEFT at the RED POST BOXES BEFORE THE ENTRANCE TO NEWBOTTLE STREET.
Starting in The Old Rectory car park in Houghton Rectory Park, we use the shared paths and tracks and head towards NCN70 near Moorsley Road and follow it to Palace Green near Durham Cathedral for a photo and then some cake and coffee in Durham. We will be using the same route back.
PLEASE NOTE:- 3 miles (each way) of this route is on a road which can get busy with traffic; therefore you must be confident cycling on a busy road.
On this route we will be cycling over a variety of different terrains including roads, quiet roads, busy roads, cycle paths, shared paths, muddy tracks, muddy puddles, wet leaves etc. Therefore, this ride is only suitable for Hybrids or Mountain bikes.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• Your personal contact details must be correct and up to date on your Lets ride profile.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitizer,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride or for any queries please contact [email protected]
For any last-minute cancellations on the day please text 07404 453745 including your name (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 8.30am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.