Starting from the car park at Forest Farm we will head up the Taff trail, along the River Taff, through Tongwynlais to Caerphilly Castle. There is a long, steady (not steep) hill from Taffs Well Train Station for about a mile or so up to Penrhos Cutting. Lots of downhill on the return leg though ! We are returning via the lower Taff Trail passing Nantgarw Pottery works and Taffs Well Rugby Club . If time allows we will have a cafe stop at Tongwynlais. The route is primarily traffic free although there are short on road sections which we will keep to a minimum . This is our annual Christmas Ride so your chance to ride in fancy dress!
Covid 19 Addendum
To ensure that our rides are as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) When booking your place on the ride, please ensure that you have completed all the contact details. We will need these should anyone who is on the ride subsequently become aware of Covid19 symptoms so that we can follow the guidelines in the ‘Trace, Test and Protect’ program.
(2) Should you, or anyone in your household, become aware of Covid19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place on the ride.
Also, please do not book a place on the ride should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms –
New continuous cough
Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(3) You will need to be self-sufficient on the ride i.e. please bring your own tubes, pump, tools, food and drink etc. as sharing raises the risk of spreading Covid19
(4) Please bring hand sanitiser and gloves.
(5) We will keep socially distanced on the ride, so please adhere to this.
(6) Before the ride we will need to confirm that since the time of booking you are not now suffering from any Covid19 symptoms.
(7) If you experience symptoms after the ride, you should get a covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to contact the ride leader as quickly as possible to enable the Track, Trace and Protect procedure.