An easy loop from Sophia Gardens down to Penarth Marina following the Taff Trail and the Bay Trail, then picking up the Ely trail out to Sanatorium Park, crossing back on quiet roads past Victoria Park, via Insole Court to Llandaff Cathedral, and back to the start point through Llandaff Fields and Bute Park. This will be a relaxed ride using mostly cycle paths and some roads, and it's flat except for one climb through Insole Court grounds and one descent past Llandaff Cathedral. Some bumpy gravelly sections on the Ely trail but suitable for all bike types.
No coffee stop planned, please bring any drinks or snacks you might need, along with spares and tools in case of a puncture, and always wear a helmet! Please also bring lights, as sunset is around 7.30pm.
Any issues on the day, pop a message on the Ride Conversation tab below or on the Cardiff Social Cycling Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1984875485078609/
To ensure that our rides are as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) Please do not book a place on the ride should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(2) When booking your place on the ride, please ensure that your contact details on LetsRide are up to date. To do this, go to https://letsride.co.uk/dashboard/profile
and sign in to your account. If your details are not up-to-date, scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click "EDIT PROFILE". When you have updated them, scroll to the bottom again and click "UPDATE PROFILE". Your personal details are not visible on your profile - the ride leader gets your phone number and emergency contact details, and these will only be used for emergency purposes, last minute contact about the ride, and 'Test, Trace, Protect' procedures if needed.
(3) If you, or anyone in your household, develop Covid-19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place on the ride.
(4) Before the ride we will need to confirm that you are not experiencing any Covid19 symptoms.
(5) If you experience symptoms after the ride, you should get a Covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to contact the ride leader as quickly as possible to enable the 'Test, Trace and Protect' procedure.
(6) You will need to be self-sufficient on the ride i.e. please bring your own tubes, pump, tools, food and drink etc. as sharing raises the risk of spreading Covid-19
(7) We will keep socially distanced on the ride (1m distance is advised while riding, 2m at all other times), so please adhere to this, including at the start point.