- We will cycle from Hillingdon through Uxbridge, then on fairly quiet roads to Iver Heath, past Pinewood Studios and Black Park, Fulmer, taking a little detour around near Hedgerley and around the beeches, to arrive at the cafe after 15 miles. Back more directly after 12 miles, via this route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33439086
If we are running short of time we will cut off 3 miles.
- We will stop at the Burnham Beeches cafe where the toilets are open and you will be able to buy food and coffee (but feel free to bring your own snack as we will be sitting outside). Please bring the usual (e.g. pump, inner tubes, etc). I would prefer you to wear a helmet for your safety.
- It is a fairly flat route, but we will wait after any hills and no one will be left behind.
- I can’t see who is on the waitlist, so if you are on it, send me a message via the “message ride creator” button, with your phone number, and I will see whether I can make another space (you need to be logged in to the let’s ride website to see the button)
- If you are driving to the start there is free parking on many residential roads off Long Lane e.g. Richmond Avenue UB10 9BH.
- You can take your bike anywhere on the Metropolitan Line anytime on weekends and off-peak Mon-Fri (peak hours are 7:30-9:30 and 16:00-19:00).https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/cycles-on-public-transport
- Please check your bike thoroughly before you come. Check your brakes are working well, your gears are smooth and your tyres are in good condition and pumped up – you can use this video. https://www.sustrans.org.uk/our-blog/get-active/2019/everyday-walking-and-cycling/the-m-check-for-your-bike-in-11-steps
If that one is too technical then try this easier one https://youtu.be/u0dtGe-LrcQ
- If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling at all unwell with possible symptoms of Covid-19, please cancel your place.
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me