"Pussy cat, pussy cat, where have you been?" "We've followed the Cycle Superhighway CS3
from Canning Town to Westminster and then past Buckingham Palace to look at the Queen!"
on CS3 takes us through Poplar, alongside the Canary Wharf Estate and then on NCN13
Thames Path through St Katherine's Docks and Wapping. We pass Tower Hill re-joining CS3 and continuing along the Embankment towards Westminster. Heading past Buckingham Palace we will then do a circuit of Hyde Park and have our halfway outdoor coffee stop
by the Serpentine.
On the return journey we will ride down Constitution Hill and briefly stop at Green Park to search for a Herd of Elephants
. We will then follow CS3 on a similar route back including the historic Cable Street
passing the battle mural
then all the way to our start point.
This scenic ride is mostly on a segregated cycle path and so ideal as a confidence builder for those starting off/returning to cycling. It is relatively flat and at a leisurely pace, this ride welcomes all abilities, but please note the 19 miles and 805 feet of climbs.
There is a feeder ride
from Ilford station at 8.30am.
eBikes are welcome.
Children are welcome when accompanied by a responsible riding adult.
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. If in doubt, have it checked over by a local bike shop or qualified mechanic.
• A cycle helmet
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers. Or a travelcard...
• Dress for the weather
on the day.
• A drink and a payment method for the coffee stop
in Hyde Park.
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07446 231839
Send a join request to the East End Cycling Club
to keep up to date on our other rides. Ride pics are posted on the Facebook
page. BRITISH CYCLING RULES FOR POST LOCKDOWN RIDES
• Please only sign up if you are sure you want to ride.
• Keep a social distance between yourself and others whilst not riding.
• Don't share anything. This means that if you have a puncture, you need to be able to fix it yourself.
• Make sure you bring your own tools – spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump. Also bring your own hand sanitiser, tissues and anything else you may need for the ride.
• You may also want to bring a face mask although there is no need to wear one on the ride.
• Don't ride if you feel unwell or have symptoms
• Don’t ride if you have been told to self-isolate.
• Inform the leader if you develop symptoms or test positive after the ride.
• If you are not signed up for the ride, please do not arrive at the designated meeting point.
• Please make sure your details on your profile are up-to-date, in particular that we have a phone number for you. If you don’t have a mobile, put your home number in the mobile phone box space provided.