Join us to reconnoitre this EECC ride for Saturday. There will be occasional stops to discuss the routing, risks and identifying/testing alternatives including the new coffee stop.
Meandering counter-clockwise through the quietways of the East End, the ride first heads towards Shadwell before joining the Thames Path edging the Isle of Dogs. We then take in a loop of Canary Wharf before heading to Blackwall then continue through Poplar before catching the canal path towards the QE Olympic Park where we will have a coffee stop on the 11th mile at the Timber Lodge Cafe
. We will then head into Victoria Park, before crossing the Green Bridge (which is yellow underneath!) to arrive back at our start point.
Relatively flat and at a leisurely pace, this ride welcomes all abilities, but please note the 15 mile distance with 450 feet of climbs.
Children are welcome when accompanied by a responsible riding adult.
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. (If in doubt, have it checked over by a local bike shop or qualified mechanic).
• A cycle helmet
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers.
• Dress for the weather on the day.
• A drink and energy bar/cash (we have a coffee stop at the Timber Lodge Cafe).
• Lights if there is any chance of poor visibility.
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07305 938171
Send a join request to the East End Cycling Club
to keep up to date on our other rides. Ride pics are posted on the Facebook