All the rides we’ve organised over the years have been based around finding the best cycle routes. Scenic road routes, off-road trails, gentle parkland circuits – our team of route planners have hunted them out and mapped them all.
Now we’ve opened the lid on our collection of top routes and made them all available for you to download and ride yourself. Here are six reasons why you should check them out:
- There are over 400 routes available! We’re still adding lots, but that’s already a pretty good resource of both road and off-road routes. They’ve all been chosen and risk-assessed by British Cycling too.
- You can download the route of your choice in the form of either a printable PDF of the route information, or a GPX file you can load to your phone or bike navigation device.
- Every route has an introduction which highlights the best bits, and clear information about the start point.
- You can use any of the routes to create your own ride and invite others to join you using Ride Social.
- We’ve included an elevation graph, so you can see where the hills (and the best views) appear along the way.
- See what everyone else thinks: browse ratings and reviews from people who have actually ridden the routes – and add your feedback and photos too.
Opening up these cycle routes is all about helping you to make the most of your cycling, and very soon there’ll be even more accredited routes available for you to download and ride, so keep checking back in!
Check out our Cycle Routes.