UPDATE - Ride start time changed from 10am to 8am due to the expected high temperature.
A Sunday ride to Hemel Hempstead and Gaddesden including a Dodds Lane and Piper's Hill circuit.
We will proceed counter-clockwise on both loops of the route
which has 2,103 feet of climbs with notable climbs on Dodds Lane at 14 miles 9%, Piper's Hill at 20 miles 10% and Felden Lane at 28 miles 12%. The pace should average 10 mph over the route.
We will pass Hemel Hempstead station at 10.5 miles and again at 27 miles, subject to the trains running.
We will have an optional stop at Frithsden then at 27 miles we will stop at the Fishery Wharf Cafe
eBikes are welcome.
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. Please conduct a pre-ride safety check
on your bike.
• A cycle helmet.
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers.
• Dress for the expected weather
• Sufficient drink/supplement for the expected 29°c temperature and a snack.
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07446 231839
This Spokes medium pace ride (9-11mph average) is organised by Spokes SW Herts Cycling Group. Want to ride with us during this number restricted period? Membership is only £12 per annum, £3 for subsequent Members in the same household. You'll find more details here
where you will also find our calendar of planned rides.BRITISH CYCLING RULES FOR POST LOCKDOWN RIDES
• Rides will consist of a maximum of 6 riders, including the leaders. So please only sign up if you are sure you want to ride.
• Keep a 2 metre distance between yourself and other riders. This includes during any stops.
• Don't share anything - be aware - this means that if you have a puncture, you'll need to be able to fix it yourself, for example.
• Make sure you bring your own tools – spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump. Also bring your own hand sanitiser, tissues and anything else you may need for the ride.
• You may also want to bring a face mask although there is no need to wear one on the ride.
• Don't ride if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
• Don’t ride if you have been told to self-isolate.
• Inform the leader if you develop symptoms or test positive after the ride.
• If you've not managed to sign up for the ride, please do not arrive at the designated meeting point.
• Please make sure your details on your profile are up-to-date, in particular that we have a phone number for you. If you don’t have a mobile, put your home number in the mobile phone box space provided.